Wednesday, March 14, 2012

wishlist wednesday: home sweet apartment.

As far as we're concerned, no one is ever truly done decorating. In the same way that there's always a pair of shoes on your lust list, there's always a home decor something on ours. Normally we wouldn't give out personal information, but if you would like to send us one (or all) of the items pictured below, we'd be glad to disclose our address to all willing gift-givers.
  • A mirror ball, for no other reason than not having a reason not to. And it's sparkly. Studio 54 is dead, but disco is alive and well.
  • Lanterns that look like they came from a faraway land, when in reality they're just from Neiman Marcus. They'd be lovely on my porch once winter goes away.
  • Fornasetti always does a great job of attracting my eye, and this tray is no exception. I'd like to wear rings like that, and I'd like to keep those rings on this tray. Simple enough.
  • While logistically unable to get a second dog at the present time, a ceramic greyhound will have to serve as Penny's friend and confidant until further notice.
  • As if Kate Spade's fashion collaboration with Florence Broadhurst wasn't enough to nearly be the end of me and my bank account, now there are items for the home? Good grief, just sell me everything and get it over with.
  • It's no secret that I hate the color orange. Correction: unless it's Hermés. The Avalon blanket has not budged from my list (because I'm not trigger-happy enough to actually buy it for myself), and then I happen upon a photo of it in pink and orange! Now we're talking! The next step is actually finding it. 
  • This pillow does the same thing for me as the tray and the vase because it incorporates some non-computer generated artistic skill. It's pretty and I like it.
  • Gone are the days that you would get to sit in something as fantastic as this in a therapist's office. I'm almost positive that lounging here for fifty minutes and talking about my feelings would make the day that much better. Unfortunately I don't have a lick of space left in my apartment.. maybe by the time I acquire some additional square footage it'll be on major sale.
  • Otomi! On my mind since Apartment Therapy featured it, it'll stay on my list until I buy the white bedspread. Also fits with my accidental decorating theme of animals-in-every-room. 
  • If you ask me, an expensive candle and a kitschy match strike are necessities in every home. Not entirely sure I'd invest an extra thirty dollar bills for some black glass, but the peacock may be mine the next time I saunter over to the JA shop.
  • Ever since Belle climbed a ladder at the bookstore in the opening scene of Beauty and the Beast, I've dreamed of adding one to a spectacularly tall bookshelf one day. We recently received a beautiful pair of bookcases from J's grandfather.. now cue the rolling ladder!
  • Gold flatware. Is there anything more regal? These DVF pieces have a sophisticated design that allows the gold finish to feel modern and fresh, instead of stuffy. I unfortunately see a bit of a princess theme emerging here, which I generally like to avoid, but who can resist?!
  • Incorporating gorgeous floral accessories like this Kosta Boda vase and darling Fringe candle remind me that getting rid of J's pool table (which he had in lieu of a dining table), navy blue towels and black bedspread when I moved in were the best decisions I ever made.
  • It's no secret that my bedroom needs some design love. I keep saying that I'm waiting until we move, but it's gone on long enough. If nothing more, I have to breathe some life into our bed, and these ethereal voile shams do just that. I'm just a trip to Anthro away from heavenly sleep..
  • A completely appropriate piece of GG inspiration, the Prada pop-art that hangs in the entry of the van der Woodsen's Upper East Side home is the perfect homage (to Prada - not GG!).
  • I love everything about this Dove of Peace print. The simplicity, the meaning, the brushed gold frame, and of course the artist. It would be perfect for my guest bath, and I need it now.  
  • As it turns out, not everything can be gold (Why you ask? Well, because you would have to be Melania, and live with the Donald - no thank you, right?) but these vintage birdcage chandeliers, suspended from our timber ceilings by the thick, textured rope would add just the right amount of rustic glamour. 
  • The side tables are a bit of a work in progress, if we ever complete the refinishing project, I promise to share. Either way, a pair of bedside tables in an antique dove grey finish would benefit, again, from a hint of GOLD! But alas, on top of the refinishing, I just can't deal with the price of these gorgeous knobs, anyone for an alternative suggestion???


1 comment:

  1. This blog makes me want to go decor shopping, you have sparked the addiction for the week!

    Jess

    ReplyDelete