Tuesday, March 13, 2012

grandma chic.

 

I've always admired a black and white photograph my dad has of my grandmother. She was in her seventies when the picture was taken and has pronounced wrinkles around her eyes and smile. I always thought she looked so beautiful. When I met J's grandma, she immediately offered me her fabulous red Chanel lipstick - you know, because we were going out in public and my lips were bare {gasp!}.

 Much of my styling inspirations come from these older ladies and has evolved into what can only be described as "grandma chic." We've borrowed so much from the past generations over the years, and their fashions are no exception.. fur jackets and stoles (faux, please), amazing hats, bright lips, layered necklaces, pattern on pattern, whimsical blouses with bows and ties, and gold jewels studded with colored stones.

A few of my favorites, young and old.

via
via
via


No comments:

Post a Comment