Thursday, March 15, 2012

a gray summer.

We were introduced to him by his well-known series of photographs of Marfa's Prada "store," of which I own two gorgeous prints, but I am here to tell you that his newest collection is just as wonderful, if not more so. Strap me into an open helicopter, ask me to take pictures, and we'd probably end up with a roll of film (sorry, memory card) documenting my mental descent into crazy town. Or I'd just drop the camera. Put Gray Malin in a helicopter and you come back with some awe inspiring stuff. Available on both One Kings Lane and his own website, it's worth your dollars. Knowing what to frame is the talent here, and the end results are creative, artistic, and make me happy in the same way that sunshine and warm weather make me happy. "Bondi Beach" will soon be hanging up in my apartment, bringing year-round summer to my corner of Chicago. Now that I've ordered my third print, I'm just going to go ahead and consider myself a collector of Gray Malin art.
Get over to Maison Gray to see the full series.

the process.

the outcome.
Bondi Beach

Miami

Rio de Janeiro

I should also point out that his print sizes are easily accommodated by standard frames, nixing the need to spend a few Benjamins on a custom job.
It's as easy as Googling "44x32 frame" - thank you for that, Gray!

No comments:

Post a Comment