Friday, March 23, 2012

going green [tea].

Let me preface this by saying that I've spent a significant amount of time trying to convince people that I am not Japanese. It's an amazing culture, but it's not mine. My ancestors came from the lands of borscht, pierogi, rugelach, potatoes, bratwurst, and baguettes.
Yes, I think that more or less encapsulates my mutt pedigree from a culinary standpoint.
However, moving forward with this post, I'm about to completely diminish my credibility.
I shall make the sacrifice for the sake of my beloved green tea.
It's delicious, smells good, looks good, and is good for you. Harvard even says so. Okay, so maybe the green tea macarons and cupcakes don't contain enough antioxidants to make a difference, but we can pretend. For the real thing, I recommend a hot or iced green tea latte, which uses matcha powder and is laden with some seriously potent EGCG stuff. Don't let the color fool you, it's wonderful. And you'll love the silly looks that people give you if you're drinking it iced, i.e. in a clear cup. Have I hooked you yet? Tough crowd. Alright, there's a restaurant in Chicago appropriately called Waffles that apparently serves up a green tea version of - you guessed it - waffles! Everyone loves waffles. That will be happening some Sunday in my future, you can count on it. And outside of the edible, Bulgari makes a green tea perfume that has a fresh and slightly citrusy scent to it. Bottom line, it's about time that you embrace this versatile little leaf.

No comments:

Post a Comment