Monday, February 13, 2012

hi, my name is tom, and i am adorable.

via

Show me a great pair of flats and I will show you the money! Such was the case when my southwestern bff brought the Toms ballet flats to my attention. Despite the fact that I deeply appreciate the beauty in a casual pair of $1200 sparkly and spiked Louboutin heels, a) putting those on my feet would make me well over six feet tall, b) I feel like I'm a little young to go into debt, and c) my daily life makes it necessary to walk further than ten steps a day. The beauty of these bad boys is that I get to remain my flat-footed height, each pair will run you no more than $84, I can walk the entire length of my place of employment and back again (trust me, it's a hike), and then there is the added bonus of the Toms "One for One" mission. Vera and Tory will always have their dedicated spaces carved out in my closet, but my shopping addiction is often fueled by moral justification, so I'm officially hooked. And you should be, too.
A word to the wise, I am a 9.5 in your regular everyday shoe, a 9 in the original Toms, and an 8.5 in these. You have been warned. 


2 comments:

  1. Which ones did you get? I was thinking of the navy grosgrain ribbon from NM, but haven't yet. You know I'm a tory fanatic (although lately I'm loving loeffler randall), but I can always make room in my heart for a new brand.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got the Lina and Alessandra.. leave it to NM to create an even better version that I didnt even think to check out! I'll also need to check out your Loefflers, I thought they were only good for boots.

    ReplyDelete