Tuesday, February 21, 2012

the girl with the non-dragon tattoos.

If you are of the tattooed persuasion nowadays, chances are you don't qualify as any of the following: gang member, circus performer, drug dealer, lady of the night, hardened criminal, and/or societal outcast. Maybe you're a little less buttoned-up than the average bear, but having a tattoo won't define you. They've been mainstreamed, and all the cool kids are doing it ;) I got my first in 2003, my most recent in 2011, and (sorry, family) always have the next in the back of my mind. You'll get to see pictures of my collection one day, but for now I am going to offer up some words of wisdom. If you're considering it, my advice would be to start small and simple, maybe a bit hidden, and definitely not where the bone is close to the skin. Holy ouch. In other words, do the opposite of this. But most importantly, have a sense of humor about it. Sure, perhaps I could do without one of mine, but who cares? If a tattoo is my biggest regret in life then I'd say I've done pretty well for myself (unless I'm the chick with the face full of stars.. that was a major foul if I've ever seen one), and if nothing else, it will be a reminder that mistakes can be made and life will go on. I like my silver lining to be a bit more philosophical, so there you go. And take it from me, the world's biggest wuss, when I say that it will not hurt as badly as you think it will. Now go forth and prosper, and.. happy permanent body altering!

I'm guessing it's a tramp stamp.







Everlasting
little
lovelies,
not just
for the
trailer park
set
anymore.
So what are your thoughts? Do you have a tattoo, want one, wish you didn't have the one that you have, or did I just lose you all together?



1 comment:

  1. I got my first tattoo in 2009 for my 25th birthday. It's on the inside of my left wrist and says "love" in my brother's handwriting. He has the same one! It hurt so badly I always said I wouldn't get another - but now I'm sort of thinking of what I could do next. (#2 would probably be the last and would likely be a quote on my right rib cage - I'd keep it small!)

    ReplyDelete