Monday, March 5, 2012

she's 60 - and she's fabulous.

Happy birthday to my darling Mom!
We spent this weekend celebrating my mom's 60th birthday,
and it gave me the perfect opportunity to reflect on what a truly amazing person she is.

* * * * *

She was once an existentialist, a revolutionary and kind of a drama queen. Now, she is a therapist and an author. She does yoga and meditates. At her party, she wore sparkly black TOMS.

She was the first person to ever love me, and the first person I ever loved.

She taught me to stand on my own two feet. To depend on myself. To be strong, fearless and successful. She taught me to love with my whole heart. To laugh, and to celebrate life.  To accept help from others. To be gracious, and kind to strangers. She taught me that compassion, and forgiveness were keys to life.

She taught me that it was okay to be angry, to cry, and to experience pain. She taught me that these feelings would always eventually go away.. And then.. she taught me to be brave.

I have her brown eyes, her crazy laugh, and I hope that I have her amazing heart.

Happy birthday, mama. xx




3 comments:

  1. Danuta Solecki3/5/12, 10:50 AM

    beautiful article It's wonderful to have such an amazing mom. Happy birthday lots of love for today and always

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW, THIS IS SO TOUCHING AND SO BEAUTIFUL AND IN HONOR OF SUCH A FABULOUS WOMAN .........FROM SUCH A FABULOUS DAUGHTER! LOVE TO BOTH OF YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This loving tribute epitomizes the Mother/Daughter relationship we all aspire to achieving and cherishing. Congratulations Kristina! With Love Lia x

    ReplyDelete